What causes cellulite? Cellulite is one of the major problems that most women as well as men experience. Because of these unwanted skin dimples, people who have them tend to feel insecure and uncomfortable with their own skin. Cellulite is also known as orange peel, adiposis edematosa and status protrusus cutis. Its names may seem like some complicated medical term or condition. However, cellulite is simply the normal fat beneath our skin. These fat deposits push against the skin’s connective tissues. As a result, the skin above them appears bumpy, dimpled and lumpy.
Cellulite is not contagious or dangerous, but women and men become self-conscious about them, as they are unflattering and unattractive. Most cellulite appears in various areas such as the legs, thighs, abdomen and arms. People who have cellulite tend to cover them because they feel embarrassed about them. Even if some men experience having cellulite, about 90% of women will definitely experience having cellulite within their lifetime.
The Primary Causes of Cellulite
In order to prevent as well as eliminate cellulite effectively, it is important to know what causes cellulite. Determining cellulite causes can help women as well as men find the right remedy for their orange peel syndrome. Read more down below for important information about what causes cellulite and how you could get rid of it.
What Causes Cellulite?
Many factors are attributed when it comes to the formation of cellulite. Knowing what causes cellulite and how to get rid of it can help many people who are affected by these unwanted skin lumps. Some of the major causes of cellulite include the following:
- Hormones. A person’s hormones are the number one cellulite cause. One of the major reasons why women are more susceptible to having cellulite than men is due to their high levels of estrogen. Estrogen as well as other hormones such as insulin, thyroid hormones, prolactin and noradrenaline are said to have huge contributions to the generation and production of cellulite.
- Improper diet. A poor diet is also a major cause of cellulite. If you are the type of person who eats foods that are rich in fat, salt and carbohydrates, you are more likely to develop cellulite. In addition, people who eat foods that are very low on fiber are also vulnerable to cellulite production.
- Genes. A person’s gene is what causes cellulite to appear on various areas of the body, as there are certain genes that are essential in the cellulite development process. In addition, the appearance of cellulite is also attributed to a person’s gender, age, race, skin color, metabolic rate, skin thickness and more.
- Lifestyle. Finally, a person’s lifestyle can also cause the skin to pucker. Your lack of physical activity and exercise can contribute to the increase in the development of cellulite. If you love to run, swim, brisk walk or ride a bike, then you are lowering your chances of experiencing cellulite.
These factors are said to be the primary causes of cellulite. However, other factors also lead to cellulite production process, depending on which part of the body.
What Causes Cellulite on Legs?
Our legs are some of the most common areas that are affected by the orange peel syndrome. It is important to determine what causes cellulite on legs in order to use some preventive measures more effectively and efficiently. Some of the most common causes of cellulite on legs are the following:
- Gender. It is sad to say that gender plays a great role in the development of cellulite on the legs. Women tend to have cellulite on their legs than men, as they have more hormones such as estrogen that is responsible for the development and production of those unwanted skin dimples.
- Age. As we age, we are more vulnerable to cellulite development. This is due to the fact that our skin is not as elastic and our blood circulation is not as smooth flowing when we were in our teens or our 20s. Women in their later years are more prone to cellulite than younger women.
- Physical inactivity. People who fail to exercise on a regular basis are prone to developing the orange peel syndrome. Regular exercise can help reduce the appearance of cellulite, as it can help burn excess fat that makes the skin appear lumpy. Toning your legs through squats and weight lifting can also help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Now that you already know the causes of cellulite on legs, you can now find the right remedies that can eliminate those unflattering skin puckers.
What Causes Cellulite on Back of Thighs?
Most women develop cellulite on the back of their thighs. This makes it harder for some to wear short shorts or skirts because they are afraid of showing their cottage cheese thighs. In order to get rid of those pesky skin lumps, it is essential to know what causes cellulite on back of thighs. Some of its major causes include the following:
- Clothing. If you love wearing tight fitting clothes, then you are exposing yourself to a higher chance of developing cellulite. Tight shorts, underwear, shirts and dresses restrict the smooth flow of your body’s blood circulation. As a result, it contributes to the development of those pesky skin bumps.
- Blood circulation. As said earlier, a limited blood flow or circulation can develop cellulite. Massages and wearing clothes with the correct fit can help prevent limiting your blood flow.
- Skin elasticity. Your skin’s elasticity is also a factor when it comes to cellulite development. You are more prone to cellulite if your skin is not elastic.
- Lack of exercise. Finally, your lack of physical activities can contribute to the development of cellulite on your thighs. Make sure to do exercises that can help tone your thighs as well as other cellulite affected areas.
Now that you have finally learned about what causes cellulite on back of thighs, you can now look for the right treatment for your cellulite. After you are done, you can finally wear whatever you want to wear without worrying about what other people think.
Does Coffee Cause Cellulite?
Some people may ask, “Does caffeine cause cellulite?” They may find it hard to believe that their regular morning coffee may also be a cellulite cause. Coffee can be considered as a contributor to cellulite development because of several reasons. Drinking at least two cups of coffee everyday is sufficient enough to increase the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone. It also raises the levels of insulin in the body. As a result, a person’s aging process slows and forces the body to store more fat. This then leads to the development of those unflattering cellulite. So, if you are still wondering about does coffee cause cellulite, the answer is yes, if you consume too much.
Does Cheese Cause Cellulite?
The answer is also yes. However, it also depends on how much you consume. Coffee and cheese are only a few of the foods that cause cellulite to develop. Too much of these foods can lead to the development of your cellulite. It may be hard to fathom, but these common foods cause water retention. Therefore, the skin’s fat cells hold on to water and fluids. These foods also prevent the body’s smooth blood flow. This prevents the skin from looking young, healthy and radiant. As a result, the skin appears more dimply as well as puffy. This does not mean at all that you should stop all consumption of cheese and cofee but only to reduce your everyday dose at a minimal rate.
Eliminating the Cellulite Causes
Women who suffer cellulite have two options in order to eliminate them. The first option is to do it the natural way. Since your lifestyle, diet, age, hormones and genes are the most common cellulite causes, you can try increasing your physical activities through regular exercises such as running, swimming, weightlifting and even yoga. You can also eat healthier and fiber-rich foods in order to avoid those unnecessary fats. Finally, you can take care of your skin by drinking lots of water and avoiding anything that can damage it.
The second option is to find other alternative solution such as the following:
- Cosmetic procedures. Cosmetic procedures may include liposuction, mesotherapy, laser treatments and many more. These are effective methods in eliminating cellulite. However, they have their drawbacks. Not everyone can afford these types of cellulite treatments. Since some of these procedures require surgery, they can be very expensive. You have to pay various medical and surgical-related fees that can cost a huge amount of money. Cosmetic procedures also pose health risks if they are done poorly. It may also cause physical as well as emotional effects on the person who underwent surgical procedures. It nor is a procedure recommended by us in order to get rid of cellulite as these does not gets the root problem of cellulite fixed. Therefore, some may need to undergo those surgical procedures frequently in a lifetime.
- The Cellulite Factor Loss Guide. The Cellulite Factor Loss Guide is a methodical guide that teaches you how to eliminate cellulite through a series of exercises, diet plans and lifestyle change. It is ideal for those who want to get rid of those unflattering skin dimples without the need to undergo the knife. When you purchase this guide, you will receive a various instructional materials that can aid you every step of the way, until you battle your cellulite successfully.
- Revitol Cellulite Cream. This product may be considered as heaven sent for women as well as men who are experiencing cellulite problems for a long time. It is ideal when it comes to the prevention as well as the elimination of that troublesome cellulite. Its unique formula is the key to cellulite removal. Its effective and natural formulation is the result of extensive research and planning. Its all-natural ingredients are effective when it comes to the prevention, reduction and elimination of cellulite. This cream knows how to tackle cellulite from its root cause. Therefore, you can experience promising results as long as you apply it on a regular basis.
Whether you choose the natural or the surgical method in eliminating your cellulite, you have to keep in mind that it is important to avoid what causes cellulite in order to prevent it from coming back. Knowing its various causes can help you understand the methods that you should do in order to stop cellulite from developing.
Be Comfortable in Your Own Skin
Understanding what causes cellulite and how to get rid of it can help you be comfortable in your own skin. Using Revitol Cellulite Cream as well as The Cellulite Factor Loss Guide can solve all your cellulite problems. You no longer have to hide your unpretty skin dimples, as you already succeeded in battling them. You can now wear that pair of short shorts you have been dying to wear without feeling awkward or embarrassed. You can also start wearing beautiful dresses without being ashamed of your thighs or legs. Finally, you are free to show your skin without feeling guilty or self-conscious. Make sure to take a look at our reviews about the best recommended products in the market as per today to get rid of your cellulite fast and naturally to understand how important it is for you to have these in your possession to finally become cellulite free.